Wherever you live – whether that’s in the south or the northeast – with the arrival of fall means cooler temperatures for the next few months. For some, that might be a snowy winter ahead or temperatures that only reach 60 degrees instead of 100 degrees. Whatever the case, a sunporch makes for an awesome living space that allows you to feel like your outdoors and enjoying the sunshine but while being protected from the elements.
Before you make your final decision about what type of sunroom will add the most function and value to your home, you’ll want to be sure you know the difference between a three-season and four-season sunroom. We’ve outlined the major differences between the two options.
- Glass – The glass installed in your sunroom renovation in St. Louis, MO, makes a major difference whether it can be used during warm months only or all year long. Single pane tempered glass windows are used in a three-season room for minimal energy efficiency while in a four-season room, high energy efficient windows are used.
- Insulation – Insulating the walls, roof, and floor are essential elements in extending the use of a sunroom from three to four seasons. The amount and quality of insulation makes a big difference between using the sunroom when it’s below freezing with snow on the ground or not being able to because it’s far too cold.
When you decide that your house could use a little more space, you have several options. Home additions allow you to make the most of your property’s square footage while better adapting your house to your needs and preferences. Three of the most popular ways to create more living space are sunrooms, room additions, and garage conversions.
If you want a room where you can relax with plenty of natural light, a sunroom renovation in St. Louis, MO, is the right choice for you. Sunrooms are typically smaller than full-size additions and are often constructed from prefabricated frames. Of course, you can also have a sunroom built from the same materials as the existing structure so that it blends seamlessly with the rest of the house. Either way, you get a comfortable retreat with spacious windows.
Room additions (also called bump-outs) either extend an existing room or create a new one on the side of the house. Typically, these additions involve a new roofline and serve a single-purpose, such as a bedroom or a bathroom.
Many homeowners choose to take advantage of their existing roof, walls, and foundation by converting their garages into an additional living room or bedroom. By replacing the garage door with a solid wall, installing new flooring, and making a few other adjustments, the garage can become a comfortable new room.
Whatever you decide to do, adding on to your home lets you enjoy your property in an all-new way. Make the most of your space with an attractive sunroom renovation in St. Louis, MO.
Spring is here and it’s natural to want to spruce up your home with a little update. Giving your home a refresher for the new season doesn’t have to take a lot of money or time. Any weekend warrior can manage these projects on their days off and with a couple of moderately priced purchases. Here are a few quick and easy ways to give your home a spring makeover on a budget.
- Start by cleaning up. Minimize the mess and clutter from winter by wiping down windows, walls and floors; dust light fixtures and ceiling fans; organize the panty and declutter the kitchen counters. Focus on one room or one area at a time and before you know it your house will be dust-free.
- Brighten up the walls with new interior paint. Refresh your entryway, living room, kitchen, bedrooms or bathrooms for spring with a fresh coat of paint.
- Add curb appeal with exterior paint. Spring is the perfect time to put your home’s best face forward with a fresh paint job. Try a new paint color on the front door and freshen up the trim work for a clean, crisp look.
- Hire help for the big stuff. If this is the year you finally commit to a kitchen makeover or a sunroom renovation in St. Louis, MO, enlist the help of an experienced company who can assist you with design and construction.
Spring is a time of new beginnings, so it’s the perfect time to start a new home improvement project. Whether it’s a do-it-yourself task or you’re looking to add more outdoor living space to your home with a sunroom renovation, there has never been a better time than today to get started.
Are you daydreaming of all things summer, sunshine and warm temps From north to south and east to west, no matter where you live in the U.S., it seems as though the winter cold has hit every part of the country. The good news is, there are just five weeks until the first day of spring. So now is the time to start looking ahead to getting outdoors and enjoying the beautiful weather to come. What better way to enjoy all of the wonderful weather heading your way this spring than with a sunroom renovation in St. Louis, MO.
Perfect for entertaining, a screened-in porch allows you to enjoy the outdoors without worrying about bugs and provides shade from direct sunlight. If you’ve been dreaming of what your screened-in porch should look like than allow JM Construction/ JM Kitchen and Bath to turn your vision into a reality. We will help guide you through all of your options, including the layout, size and furnishings for your project. We work closely with our clients each step of the planning phase and design process, helping you to create the space of your dreams.
JM Construction/ JM Kitchen and Bath is ready to tackle your sunroom renovation, turning your vision into a dream outdoor space. Contact us today by calling (636) 332-6800 to request a customized estimate for your sunroom renovation project.