Just because you have a small bathroom doesn’t mean the space can’t make a big impact. There are numerous options for updating small bathrooms so that they are beautiful, comfortable, and convenient spaces that boost your home’s ambiance. When you’re ready to enhance your bathroom interior design in St Louis, JM Construction is here for you. Our skilled professionals have extensive experience creating elegant bathrooms. A few of your options include:
- New Tile – Floor and wall tiles are a popular way to add sophistication to bathrooms. Whatever your personal tastes are, you are sure to find a tile style to match. Installing tile contributes to the allure and value of your home.
- Modern Sinks and Fixtures – The right sinks and faucets can make even small bathrooms have major design appeal. These are practical features that are also opportunities to add an aesthetic flourish.
- Updated Lighting – There’s no need to have boring light fixtures in your bathroom. Our team can install the new lighting that gives your space a touch of elegance.
- Custom Cabinets – When space is an issue, every inch counts. With custom cabinets, you can have some much-needed storage space that also serves as a highlight of your bathroom’s design.
Whatever you have in mind for bathroom interior design, we will make it a reality. We welcome the opportunity to serve you and makeover your bathroom.
Adding on a sunroom is a great way to make the most of your home’s available space. These rooms are bright, attractive, and can serve a variety of purposes. If you are thinking of updating your home with a gorgeous new sunroom, the pros at JM Construction are the home remodeling contractors in St Louis, MO, to trust. We have the skill and experience to bring your sunroom design ideas to life. Just a few ways you can use your sunroom include:
- Entertainment Area – The natural light of a comfortable sunroom is an ideal place for hosting guests.
- Home Office – Sunrooms bring a sense of openness that makes them relaxing spaces for concentrating on work.
- Breakfast Room – Families love the coziness and brightness of their sunroom to share a meal at the start of the day.
- Hobby & Leisure Room – Whether you like to spend your leisure time doing arts and crafts, reading, or just watching TV, a sunroom creates a soothing atmosphere for your favorite activities.
As your home remodeling contractor, we are committed to bringing your ideas to life. We look forward to hearing from you and getting started on your sunroom.
When it comes to concrete, you probably think it has no real place in the home except for maybe its foundation. Concrete isn’t usually associated with style and sophistication, but that’s changing. Today, concrete is being recognized as a chic interior design choice by adding contemporary design styles to homes.
Concrete is strong and durable, which is why it’s the perfect choice for home applications that require a sturdy, solid material.
Flooring: Maybe the most common use of concrete at home is for flooring. You can elevate the look while putting your stamp on it with a finish of your choice, that when polished up, boasts a uniquely modern look.
Sinks: Porcelain has a new competitor. If you want to give your sink a modern twist, why not consider concrete? Easy to maintain, this material also offers a clean look that is calming for a bathroom space. If you’re looking to transform your master suite from a standard bathroom into your very own tranquil sanctuary with bathroom remodeling in St. Charles, MO, you can’t go wrong with concrete.
Countertops: Kitchen areas need an easy-wipe surface that doesn’t scratch and is resistant to heat. Concrete fulfills all these requirements, making cooking and clean-up an easy task, not to mention it’s a long-lasting surface that will serve you well into the future.
With kids come toys. Lots and lots of toys! Every parent knows the struggle of having their living room converted into a playroom. Keeping the kids entertained and occupied versus keeping your house tidy and livable is a daily battle. But what if everyone could have their own space to enjoy? The ideal solution to this struggle is to have a dedicated playroom – an area where the kids can play happily, but without having every toy they own strewn throughout your house.
Turn your spare bedroom or a corner of the basement into a play space or improve the value of your home by adding a loft conversion or an extension to make a playroom the kids will love. Wherever you make room, use these tips for creating the perfect space.
- Storage, storage, storage
Kids accumulate a lot of stuff, so it’s necessary to keep the place tidy by having ample storage, including shelves, toy boxes, and cupboards to tuck away their things.
You don’t want to overcrowd the room, leaving the kiddos with no room to spread out their things to play. The more floor space you can give them, the better.
- Comfy Space
While the kids will love their own play area, they’ll also love their own chill-out zone. Bean bag chairs make the perfect spot to read a good book, play video games, or watch a favorite movie.
JM Construction/ JM Kitchen and Bath, your St. Charles kitchen and bath professionals, also specialize in whole home renovations. When you’re ready to give the kids their own play space, call on us to get the job done.
Everyone wants a home that will last through the years and hold up against both trends and time. Designing a home that will transition with you throughout the years and is eco-conscious – saving you time, energy, and money – is possible with the right planning.
- #1 Keep It Simple
Choosing a style that will last means keeping your design and style simple. For example, a minimalist look with neutral-tone walls is preferential over following trends.
- #2 Make It Eco-Friendly
Green homes are a trend that will never go out of style. While not everyone can upgrade to solar panels, there are plenty of low-budget solutions like a smart thermostat system, low-flow showerheads, or weathering-stripping doors and windows.
- #3 Don’t Forget The Tech
Smart technology is making our lives easier in many ways. You can ensure your family’s safety with remote alarm systems, there are voice-activated door locks and lights, plus you can even turn on your oven remotely.
Future-proofing your home isn’t only about eco-friendly choices and the newest gadgets. It’s about making smart choices for your future. Are you planning to have kids? Is there ample room as everyone grows and ages? Will the space work for you when you are older and have mobility issues? Can you work to lower your energy costs and your overall carbon footprint? These decisions will ensure your home serves you and your family for years to come. Contact JM Construction / JM Kitchen and Bath, home remodeling contractors in St. Louis, MO, when you’re ready to future-proof your forever home.
Doing a bathroom renovation without consulting a professional interior designer can be a really big missed opportunity. Not only can they maximize the overall results of your remodel, but undertaking this important upgrade to such a vital room in your home can turn into a disaster without the proper guidance. Ask anyone who’s done their own bathroom design and construction, and they’ll likely tell you they wish they had hired an expert in interior design for bathroom in St. Louis.
Don’t make that mistake. JM Construction / JM Kitchen and Bath has an experienced interior designer on staff to help you create the most relaxing and luxurious bathroom of your dreams. Here are just a few reasons why you shouldn’t start a bathroom remodel without consulting an interior designer.
- Experience and Knowledge – Before the contractors can do the physical work on installing your new shower, vanity, tile, or sink, there needs to be a design strategy in the first place — this is where the knowledge and experience of an interior designer are beneficial.
- Translate Your Ideas Into Reality – Interior designers are highly trained and experienced at turning drab spaces into beautiful, functional ones. Plus, they always have their finger on the pulse of new trends in bathroom design that you may be interested in implementing into your space.
- Save Time and Money – You likely have no idea how certain structural selections can affect the mechanics of the job or the installation of various components, but an interior designer does. A trained, experienced designer will have this knowledge and be able to advise you best.
By far, bathrooms are one of the spaces in the home that get remodeled the most. It only seems appropriate since we start and finish our day in the space. Why wouldn’t we want it to be functional and beautiful? Today, homeowners are opting for a minimal design approach to bathroom remodeling in St. Charles, MO. No longer is more actually more. The current design trend means less is more. Clean lines, open spaces, and a neutral color palette are just a few of the key design elements for a modern, sleek bathroom. Another key feature of this bathroom design style is frameless shower doors. Before you make any final decisions on the right shower design, you should consider the pros and cons that come along with frameless shower doors.
Pro: The style of a frameless shower door is an advantage and supports the minimalist design theme. Another huge advantage of this style door is that size doesn’t matter. These doors can be changed to fit any shower. This is not the case with framed glass doors, which come in specific sizes. We all know with so much humidity in the bathroom, corrosion is often a problem, but not with frameless shower doors. These doors contain no metal, which means there is much less chance for corrosion.
Cons: The most obvious con of a frameless shower door is that they cost more. If you are on a strict budget, you might want to opt for a more traditional shower door. These doors also don’t have any insulation materials or metal rails, meaning they are more vulnerable to leaks. Also, while any shower door can shatter under the right circumstances, frameless shower doors are even more susceptible. However, this could be the result of improper installation, damage around the door, or imperfections in the glass.
Upgrading amenities or changing the layout or design of your home is a natural step for homeowners. Renovating your house becomes necessary when you want to add more space or remodel to make the space more functional. While the idea of a renovation is exciting, you need to consider several factors before you start kitchen remodeling in St. Louis, MO, to ensure the project is completed successfully and the way you envisioned it.
Never underestimate the remodeling costs. You must start by deciding on the budget and ensure you can get a loan for that amount, assuming you require financial assistance. Keep in mind numerous unforeseen and expensive circumstances can arise during a renovation that can affect the total spend of the project. Be sure to keep at least ten percent in a contingency account to cover any unexpected expenses.
Focus on the most-used rooms first. Not investing in the rooms that are the heart of the home, such as the living room, bathrooms, or kitchen, would be a big mistake. Ensuring those rooms are functional and up-to-date will increase your home’s resale value as well.
Never attempt to do the work yourself. Are you a weekend warrior who thinks you can remodel an entire house on your own? Think again. It’s impossible for you to do everything yourself. You need to hire the right professionals with the skill set and experience needed to execute the project. Choose someone who is an expert in the field, reputed, licensed, and with plenty of references.
Home remodeling executed by qualified professionals isn’t cheap, but it’s a necessary expense that will greatly benefit your family and your home. Just imagine all of the entertaining you’ll do and the memories you’ll make in your newly remodeled and functional space. That’s worth every penny invested.
Sure, you might not have space for a pantry or a kitchen island, but that doesn’t mean you can’t make the most out of your small kitchen space. The good news is that there are lots of ways you can increase storage and workable prep room in your tiny kitchen. When it comes to small kitchen remodeling in St. Louis, MO, creativity is key. It’s possible to maximize even the smallest kitchen space with these clever ideas that prove sometimes less is more. Plus, you can do so without sacrificing style.
The right interior designer and some DIY small kitchen hacks will help turn your small kitchen into a space you enjoy cooking in.
- Portable Kitchen Cart – A kitchen island on wheels is the perfect way to add prep space when needed while allowing you to move it out of the way when you aren’t using it or need more room for dinner guests.
- Tiered Shelving – Utilize all of your wall space by stacking open shelving to hold dishes, glassware, small appliances, or spices.
- Hanging Pot Rack – Hanging pots and pans from the ceiling frees cabinets of bulky items that are tricky to organize.
- Extra Cabinet Space – If your cabinets don’t go all the way to the ceiling, you’re wasting good storage space by not using that prime real estate. Store extra items you don’t need to access often, like special-occasion serving platters or even extra pantry supplies, in attractive baskets.
- Storage Outside the Cabinets – When you have cabinets that don’t butt up against a wall, you’ve got square footage of bonus storage space. Hang a pot rail, install a corkboard, or add shelving.
- Turn Your Stovetop Into Counter Space – During dinner prep, your stovetop likely isn’t being used. Create a bonus counter space with custom cut cutting boards.
Working with an interior designer is a game-changer when it comes to remodeling your kitchen and bathroom spaces. They are the key piece between your vision and the final product. A good interior designer will elevate your dream board, magazine cutout ideas, and HGTV inspirations, and deliver you a custom creation that you never could quite put into words. We know the value of a professional home interior designer, which is why JM Construction / JM Kitchen and Bath now have one on staff. When you make the choice to allow us to renovate your home, you now have an experienced designer at your service, too.
What Does An Interior Designer Do?
While it’s part of their arsenal, interior designers do more than focusing on aesthetics like paint colors, artwork, and window treatments. They go beyond these concerns to ensure the overall layout and design is functional, beautiful, and fits how you envision living in your space. You have the vision on how you wish to live in your home, while an interior designer can bring it to life. Their trained eye allows them to see a space as you might have never imagined, including removing walls and moving appliances with a focus on space planning and functionality.
When you work with our in-house interior designer, you can feel confident knowing they are working directly with our contractors and construction team to deliver you a functional, comfortable, livable, and polished space for your family to enjoy. Contact us today to schedule a meeting with our interior designer to discuss interior design for kitchen in St. Louis, and your next home renovation project.